Months ago, we met Lisa Reuff of Yoga Ventures at Wanderlust Festival, who told us of her plans to make a pilgrimage to Haiti, with several yogis to work with an orphanage. After three weeks of being in Haiti, Lisa’s pics say it all — compassionate people shining loving kindness in an area that so desperately needs it. And, in a nutshell, I, Hadley Pollet will be joining Lisa, in doing this soulful work, for her next trip. Should you want to come, donate like we did this last time, or just see what Yoga Ventures is all about, go to http://www.yogaventures.org..embed>
I’ve been in business for eight years now with zillions of SQU’s, design ideas, celebrity endorsements, copycats, feature stories, and so on. I’ve noticed recently, with the economic downturn, many people are beginning their own businesses. If you are one of these people, know that with the initiation of an idea or business, you have also begun a spiritual journey. As a business owner (who views herself as a work in progress) I thought I’d share some spiritual street smarts for those willing to listen:
1. We are all in this earthly dimension to learn and if you own a business or are thinking of owning one, know that it is a spiritual passage just as motherhood, brotherhood, fatherhood, sisterhood and childhood. Just like you, every business has a soul and a purpose. You are simply the avenue through which it flows.
2. Don’t believe your own press. The minute you do, you’ve lost sight of your purpose and let ego take over. Owning a business does not translate into popularity or a way to allay fears of being unloved. To be successful, you must welcome being alone, understand and love yourself, no matter what anyone says positive or negative.
3. When you begin to feel momentum or success, both your light and the aura of your business will shine brightly. Depending on how clear you are, you will attract both souls with positive intentions for your business as well as souls with selfish and negative intentions. Where there is light, there is darkness. Remember this, tap the light within for advice so not to attract moths to your flame.
4. No one is responsible for your success, not even you. You are a channel of universal love and light serving your purpose here. The minute you take ownership of your success, you are missing the point. Be grateful, humble, kind and compassionate.
5. Kindness and compassion in business do not mean rolling over and playing dead. Sometimes the kindest thing you can do to an employee or partner, when they have crossed ethical boundaries is fire them. If you fail to address bad behavior, others’ lessons will become yours. Tough love never hurt anyone at all.
6. Never assume a contract or partnership has been reached when verbal, especially when dealing with friends. Written communication/ agreement is key. Boundaries both personal and professional will keep your relationships easier.
7. Don’t ever let anyone tell you they know your business better than you do. The minute you think someone does, you’ve blocked the energy in your organization. It’s your baby and that’s the truth.
8. The likelihood of a business surviving based on others ideas is slim to none. Translation: if you are not serving your purpose, but rather copying someone else, you will not succeed. Let the creative goddess within you shine.
9. There is no right or wrong, win or lose, fail or succeed, so long as you are clear with one point: You are a student of the Universe forever. Like yoga, golf, surfing and life in general, every day is a new day to learn and tweak your business along the way.
10. If you acknowledge you are on a Spiritual Journey, you will realize, owning a business is really NOT about the money, but rather about the journey. Once you let go and allow the flow, while knowing we are all here to serve a greater good, abundance will happen. You don’t take your money with you when you die, so why focus on being greedy while alive.
Now go let the essence of the Universe shine through you and your business for success.
There are angels and then there are earth angels. And, many would argue Melanie Beckler is the latter of the two, however, Melanie contends she is simply human and her essence comes from light just like ours.
For weeks, people from our office have been secretly calling into Ask-Angels’ Melanie Beckler’s weekly calls where she channels angels. During each call, Melanie drops into her heart, invites others to drop into theirs and she calls forth 100,000 angels to surround us with white light.
Once we are all grounded in our hearts’ centers, she let’s the highest angel guide speak through her to the call’s participants. A meditation of sorts, the angel takes us on a ride spiraling up out of the third dimension into the light, where we send love to Mother Earth or simply dissolve negative egotistical beliefs into the light. Whatever it may be, the overall message is simple but profound: We may live in the third dimension, but our essence comes from the light. We are here on Earth to learn. And, while it may seem Melanie is “special” in being able to connect to angels in other dimensions, each of us has spirit guides, angels and light beings there to guide us at any time.
That in a nutshell is Melanie’s calling and how she expresses essence. She’s here to open the door for people to see how they too can connect with their guides by simply opening their heart, quieting their ego and choosing love. And, while it appears Melanie knows more than many, this 24 year old once aspiring real-estate broker says as her practice unfolds “The more I know, the more I don’t know.”
To call in for a free channeled call this Earth Day, or to book a reading with Melanie, go to www.ask-angels.com.
This week, we are featuring what looks like a tatted up young woman who grandmothers balk at, but don’t let looks deceive you. She is a wise, old soul named Mia Isabel.*
Mia, part Taiwanese, Dutch and Irish goes to church and practices Buddhism. She is not only class president of her high school with a list of academic awards longer than the henna on her body, but also a jerkin’ aficionado, science nerd, fashion model, brass knuckle owner, and collector of Chinese hand painted fans. Mia anchors her school TV newscast every morning at 5:30 am. At the ripe age of sweet sixteen…we believe Mia already knows EXACTLY how to channel essence.
When asked “what expresses you as you the most,” Mia responded: “I’d say that the things that express me the most are music, art and public speaking. By music I mean every aspect of it; whether it is playing, performing, dancing to it, listening, or going to my friends’ shows. I enjoy every part of it, especially the way music translates into movement. Dance is a very unique entity because there are two ways of dancing; the accepted standard which is taught and the way that comes naturally to your body with the rhythm and beat of the music. I think dance expresses me more than music because I view it as an extension of the music as interpreted by one’s body.”
“When it comes to art, I prefer to do 3D unexpected objects (like the henna all over her body pictured here). I like the idea of taking something mundane and making it extraordinary. Art really is just something that is wonderful when I have a muse, however it cannot be forced; whereas, public speaking is on the opposite end of that spectrum. I am extremely passionate about many issues, however education and social awareness are at the top of my list. I enjoy speaking to kids my age or anyone who is ready to listen with intent. Fortunately, I have opportunities to practice this passion as a student representative on the School Committee and also as president of my class. What it comes down to is that no single thing expresses me fully, my passions spill into all aspects of my life.”
Watch out Obama…Mia for President!
*Mia’s last name and school is omitted for privacy as she is a minor.
We will never tell you about the trends and what is trendy. People who dress and live from spirit don’t follow trends. They aren’t followers by nature. They create their own trends. We will inspire and conspire to help you transcend into another dimension, which has nothing to do with the tiny details of who is buying what, what people think or how they feel about you.
It has to do with being your spiritual self: the beautiful princess you see when you close your eyes and visualize what you’d look like, behave and wear if you were an angel in heaven. Each morning when you wake up sit down and go to this place. And take a look. If you look like Pippy long stocking with wiry red braids, crooked teeth and striped thigh highs, then go for it! If you see a beautiful maiden with long tresses and a unicorn under a fruit tree, then have at the fruit stand and grow your lovely locks long. If you see a sexy vixen with a bustier and bodacious ta-tas, well then, hey now!
No matter what, it is never about judgment. It is not about fitting in. It is not about following. And, it is certainly not about ego. It is about being your essence. As you travel into this dimension, you will see that most suffering happens among those who strive to be something or someone they are not. Once you tap into your spiritual self and become her, courage, creativity and love will drive your life as it does ours.